ATI Catalyst on Fedora 16

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 07:14:40 UTC 2011

Hello

I\m trying to install ATI Catalyst driver in my Fedora 16, based on this
guide http://drivers.downloadatoz.com/tutorial/28193,how-to-install- but it
does not work, after installation when I reboot it stalls when trying to
start the graphic mode...

Reviewing the log /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log the installer says that
it could not unload radeon module since it is on use, so I uninstalled the
driver and tried to unload radeon but it was impossible because it is "in
use"...

Anybody knows of a procedure to make it work with Fedora *16* ? Currently I
have a minimal installation backed up with clonezilla, so I can restore the
backup to the previous stage before installing the driver to try different
procedures.

Thanks!