Preugrade Stalled?

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:50:23 UTC 2011

I'm trying to upgrade my Dell desktop to F16 using preupgrade. I ran
the download overnight and started the actual upgrade this morning. I
started it running and wandered off for an hour and a half.

When I came back it was at the "examining storage devices" stage. But
the progress bar isn't moving. I've now watched it for an hour and it
hasn't changed at all.

So I have two questions.

1/ Is it possible that the process can take this long? Or has it stalled?
2/ If it has stalled, what should I do? How easy will it be to recover
the system?

Thanks,

Dave...

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk