dconf-editor & icon-manager

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Sun Nov 13 13:53:14 UTC 2011

If I understand it correctly after installing
'gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager' and 'dconf-editor' it is possible
to add/remove icons from the top-bar (Fed 16 + Gnome 3.2).

However I can find no documentation to explain how to do this except
/usr/share/doc/gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager-0/README which says:

. Edit key
  * top-bar: put icons that you want to remove from top-bar or move from
    tray bar

But if I enter 'volume' for example it is not accepted with remark:
Error setting value: 0-6 unknown keyword.

At the bottom of the window I see "Type:  as".
What is this type "as" and how do i enter it.

Alexander