SystemD - F-16

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:55:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/2011 04:42 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, chkconfig itself doesn't translate to systemd well.
>> However, this thread got me thinking that there is a need for a
>> chkconfig-like tool for systemd.  So, I wrote one:
>>
>> http://tchol.org/chksystemd/
>
> Perhaps patches to systemctl to implement additional command line
> arguments would be more useful than teaching everyone to use two
> different tools.

Yes - if systemctl is ultimately the only daemon control command then
everything that is needed should be included, once all sysV stuff has
gone from >=f17?

I would like to see something in systemctl to achieve what used to be
done with "service iptables save" - as another poster already said one
can manually do:
iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Most daemon controls were done with either of "service" or "chkconfig"
- would be nice to have it all within systemctl.

So why not just have this from systemctl using something like
"systemctl save iptables.service" ?

--
mike c