SystemD - F-16

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 15:05:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:22, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:41:14 +0000
> mike cloaked wrote:
>
> > Whilst we are on the subject can someone tell me what the systemd
> > equivalent is for the command "service iptables save" ?
>
> I always just run the iptables-save program directly and
> redirect output to /etc/sysconfig/iptables if you really
> want to save the state permanently and not just look at
> it (I'm pretty sure that is all the rc script did with
> the save command).
> --

I've always been a RedHat/Fedora user, but I have to use Ubuntu at work. At
first I was completely lost with apt-get, but then someone pointed me to
this page [
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromLinux/RedHatEnterpriseLinuxAndFedora]
and it made a whole lot of difference to me as a newcomer. Maybe if there
was a similar documentation explaining to "old dogs" (myself included) how
to do SysV tasks the systemd way, transition would be easier. I know the
information is probably already on all the manpages somehow, but I'm
talking explicitly about something along the "if you wanna do this
<sysv-cmd>, use this <systemd-cmd>" way.

Just my $0.02.

Regards,

Andre