Little Yellow Boxes

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Sun Nov 13 17:05:10 UTC 2011

On Saturday 12 Nov 2011 18:40:20 Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> Ever since my upgrade to Fedora-16, whenever I center click on the
> background of KDE running the activity "Search and Launch" I get a small
> yellow box at the bottom of the screen, just above the panel.  Does
> anyone know what these boxes are (i.e. what application they are
> associated with), or how to get rid of them.  They appear to be part of
> some kind of note system; right clicking them gives an editing menu; the
> color is the same as a box generated by knotes.  Because I have a slight
> tremor in my fingers, I have now accumulated 22 of these boxes and 2
> small small Konqueror icons (where these came from is a total mystery),
> all of which I would like to get rid of.  KDE version is 4.7.2.
>
> An image is attached.
>
> Thanks for your help - jon

They are little "post it" notes, in your desktop settings under "mouse
actions" your middle mouse button is set to "paste", so when you middle click
on the desktop it pastes the current clip board contents into a "post it" note

depending on whats in your clip board at the time it should ask if you want to
add a note or a webslice or an image.

anyway, just disable the paste option from your middle click button in desktop
settings, then just delete the notes as any other plasmoid widget

Martin