Trends - how to save Fedora ?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 18:17:52 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 11:34 PM, inode0 wrote:
>>> value to the Fedora desktop user are two very different things.
>>
>> False dichotomy.
>
> It is only false if you assume I meant the groups to be mutually
> exclusive, which I did not mean since I am an example of a user in
> both groups. We do however have a lot of users that do fall primarily
> into one group or the other. How many fedora desktop end users do
> backflips about new clustering technology in Fedora?

Why the hell would any desktop user be bothered about things they don't
use?  I have no idea why this is a problem for anybody at all.  So yes,
I see a false dichotomy being preached.

> I'm not interested in other large distributions and their problems.

You should be.  It doesn't make sense to look at communities in
isolation when they are impacting and being impacted by a ecosystem.

Rahul