Little Yellow Boxes

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 13 21:01:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 18:38 +0000, Martin Airs wrote:
> On Sunday 13 Nov 2011 09:56:32 Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > Deleting a note isn't so easy; there's been a fair amount of discussion
> > on the web about how to remove widgets, none of it informative.  I would
> > have thought that if a note is right clicked, a menu would appear with
> > an option to delete the note.  When I right click one of these notes a
> > menu does appear with many options for editing the note, but no option
> > to delete it.  An ordinary note is larger and has a border at the
> > bottom, which when right clicked produces a option to delete it.

> with widgets unlocked, these notes should have a semi transparent border
> appear around them when you hover your mouse over them, and should have the
> usual resize, rotate and delete icons in it.

No such border exists.

> it maybe that they're too small to produce the border, or maybe the border
> does show up but too small to display it all correctly, can you resize them at
> least??

These little windows can't be resized or moved.  Windows generated by
using the menu got by right or center clicking the Knote icon in the
tray have a partial border at the top which can be used to drag them,
can be resized, and a partial border at the bottom which generates a
menu when right clicked that has a function that deletes them (among
others).  An image of a normal Knote window is attached.

Interestingly, the "Find" option got by right clicking the Knote icon in
the tray finds text in normal Knote windows but not in the little boxes
at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for all your help - jon