Free Space fluctuations - Home directory Weirdness

Gary Waters linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 13 23:38:02 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 03:53 PM, Martin Airs wrote:
> On Sunday 13 Nov 2011 15:38:43 Gary Waters wrote:
>> The offending file appears to be /home/admin/.cache/tracker/meta.db-wal
>>
>> What in the name of the sweet lawd jaysus is that? How do I rectify
>> this? I'm kinda from planet noobie at this level..

> aaah, that tracker thing is like strigi for kde, it indexes all your files for
> fast searching i think, The way I stopped it was to yum install tracker-ui-
> tools (which isn't installed by) default, and took out the directories it
> scans in there, and it doesn't start anymore for me, or you can just get rid
> of the relevant .desktop files in /etc/xdg/autostart, but they'll reappear
> after updates.
>
> try tracker-ui-tools first and then you'll have a preferences tool to
> hopefully shut it off
>
> Martin

The weird thing is XFCE is now damaged. The close, maximize, and
minimize buttons are gone in the top right corner and my wallpaper no
longer appears. It has switched back to the default wallpaper. The
taskbar has also changed to a different colour I was using a few weeks
back. I'm not sure how to fix this. Did an update cause this?

I removed tracker and I'm presently working in KDE...