Trends - how to save Fedora ?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:48:23 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 05:38 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> In the past, people absolutely needed swap because of low amount of RAM
>
> What to consider "low amounts of RAM" is relative and depends upon  the
> use case.

Sure. Everything can be phrased this way.

>> but hibernate is very rare these days considering general statistics.
>
> Whether someing is hardly rare in your statitics is irrelevant.

Actually it is not my stats and it is very relevant on how often
something will be tested, found and fixed.  For instance, if hibernate
was more common, you would see it being actively tested.

> The fact anaconda lumps together swaps and lacks a proper GUI is nothing
> but a defect. Installers simply must not touch what the user did not
> explictly allow the installer to use.

You wouldnt be able to find anyone disagreeing with that but the
question remains,  where is your bug report?

Rahul