OpenVPN under Fedora-16

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Nov 10 12:51:09 UTC 2011

"/etc/init.d" is legacy sysvinit!
look in /lib/systemd/system/

there are openvpn at -services i never understood how they are working
and so i rebuilt the whole package throwing this away and replace
it with my own systemd-unit for F15 where it was not converted

but you can create your own systemd-units and enable them
like "systemctl enable openvpn.service"

[root at rh:~]$ cat /etc/systemd/system/openvpn.service
[Unit]
Description=OpenVPN
After=syslog.target network.target
[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/var/run/openvpn/openvpn.pid
ExecStartPre=
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/openvpn --daemon --writepid /var/run/openvpn/openvpn.pid --cd /etc/openvpn/ --config openvpn.conf
ExecStopPost=
Restart=always
RestartSec=1
[Install]