Trends - how to save Fedora ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 13 15:21:22 UTC 2011

Am 13.11.2011 16:10, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
>> There are still ca. 300 packages that are not converted from SysV/LSB to it by
>> their maintainers who resist or do not see a reason for the "progress" despite
>> all threats.
>
> This is more likely due to contributors being overstretched, than actual
> opposition to systed in the mahority of these cases

and that is the point where all involved peopole should start to think
why this is the case - in my opinion tis happens while way too much big
changes are done in way too less time and contributors start loose this
game over the long

what should a contributor do if he has only a samll time window until
big changes are throwed out nevermind if they are ready or not while
he has to do his job, having a family and the right to relax some
amount of his lifetime?

if it happens too often that contributors are overstretched something
is going wrong - help them with delay new features as long all the
involved people are ready instead put them under pressure and give
them the feeling "and after you survived this big change do not
think you have time to breath because the next big is waiting"