offline docs

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 14 21:34:34 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 07:23 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 11:13 AM, Linux Tyro wrote:
>> ;).., the meaning of that 'THANKS' is that: I would have to go through
>> the links and see and start learning linux from zeroth level...

to 'linux tyro',

learning linux is not a 3 or 4 day adventure. it takes time. and, you did
ask for "from scratch".

if you want an 'all in one' source, go with "Rute". it is very thorough and
the html version is only a 1.5 meg gzip download. i can not comment on the
'pdf' size as i did not pull it because i find 'html' easier to use as i
can make my own bookmarks for later referencing.

reason for posting other links;

  to give you a link for "from scratch" site. the 'html' link was so that
  you could 'skim' to see what you would be getting in 'pdf' download.

  redhat and fedora, for specific distribution.

for future help and assistance, i would suggest you set your gmail to
send 'text/plain' emails. there are several knowledged subscribers who
send 'text/html' directly to trash and never see such post.

to 'joe zeff',

> Most of that 10K of text wasn't the links.  Quoting them, and only them
> would have been sufficient.

who the hell died and made you list moderator.
[that is a comment, not a question.]

'linux tyro' is new to this email tech support list and may well have
come from a ms os newsgroup, where they have a habit of not trimming.

as for "Most of that 10K of text wasn't the links", and you are referring
to my sig and do not like my sig, tfb & kafba.

my sig has brought many 'off list' "thank you"s from subscribers of this
tsl and several other linux tsl's, who have found them very useful,
informative and appreciate my having it.

my sig has also converted many ms os users to linux by giving them
information on where they could get good information to learn linux.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**