Trends - how to save Fedora ?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Nov 14 21:49:41 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 08:05 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 04:08 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> (Hey. I never wanted /home to be /dev/sdb3 but want it to be on /dev/sdb6.)
>
> So use a custom partitioning scheme and set it that way.
I have to repeat: F16's anaconda's partitioning GUI does not allow you
to do so. It always wants to create all primary partions first before
you can create an extended partition and even tries to move partitions
between disks, if free space is available on multiple disks.

I escaped to <Ctl><Alt><Fx> and to creating an extended partition manually.

Ralf