Skype

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:45:56 UTC 2011

On Monday 14 November 2011 20:40:34 Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> On 11/14/2011 8:33 PM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:

> >> In an older install....  The files are in ~/.Skype
> >>
> >> FWIW, have you tried to start skype from a command line?  This often
> >> reveals more information.
> >
> > The only listing for Skype I can find is the .rpm used to install.
> > Trying to start caused a error that libQtGui.so.4 does not exist.  So I
> > will go try to get that.
>
> Follow up I did a yum info for libQtGui.so.4 and got a no info found.
>   Any clues?

It's a library, not a package. You can find which package contains that library
by

  yum whatprovides */libQtGui.so.4

although it's not important. You can simply

  yum install libQtGui.so.4

and yum will figure out which package to install. After that Skype will
complain about a couple more of such libraries, so rinse&repeat until you
satisfy all its dependencies. After that it will work.

Also, local skype files are (still) in ~/.Skype, but that's not the problem.
;-)

HTH, :-)
Marko