Trends - how to save Fedora ?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Nov 15 17:01:02 UTC 2011

> On 11/14/2011 01:49 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> >  I have to repeat: F16's anaconda's partitioning GUI does not allow you
>> >  to do so.
> I've been using Fedora since FC6, and anaconda's always allowed you to
> do a custom partitioning scheme.  If it doesn't in F16, it's a serious
> bug and you should report it.

I think you are talking about different things. Since at least Fedora 4
(my start point) there has been an option to customize the partitioning.
BUT when you do that, anaconda WILL re-number/re-arrange the partitions
as you create them from a blank disk. I have never discerned the
reasoning behind the way it does this. I like my partitions in
alphabetical label order but I cannot create them in that order with
anaconda.
I have a gpartged live-cd somewhere around here and that might be the
easiest route the next time I am installing (sometime soon with F16!)
(Hmmm, wonder if kickstart can be coerced into doing the right thing....?)

Geoff