Service questions with systemd/systemctl

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:29:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a fedora15 system and I'm having trouble trying to figure out
why a few services don't start through systemd. Specifically,
lm_sensors:

# service lm_sensors restart
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl  restart lm_sensors.service

# service lm_sensors status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl  status lm_sensors.service
lm_sensors.service - Initialize hardware monitoring sensors
          Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/lm_sensors.service)
          Active: active (exited) since Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:25:52 -0500; 7s ago
         Process: 1151 ExecStop=/sbin/modprobe -qabr $BUS_MODULES
$HWMON_MODULES (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
         Process: 1157 ExecStart=/usr/bin/sensors -s (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
         Process: 1155 ExecStart=/sbin/modprobe -qab $BUS_MODULES
$HWMON_MODULES (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/lm_sensors.service

# ps ax|grep sensors
 1244 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --color=auto sensors

There's also nothing written to syslog.

How do I troubleshoot this? How do I determine why a service managed
by systemd didn't start? Why is there nothing written to syslog
regarding this?

Thanks,
Alex