Error in booting F16 DVD

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Thu Nov 17 08:41:37 UTC 2011

On 11/16/2011 11:08 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> When I boot the F16 DVD I first get the screen with the:
> Install or Upgrade the Fedora
> After I hit return after what seems like an extended wait {30 sec.   or
> so] I get the following error:
> systemd{1]  failed to fully start up daemon : no such file or directory
>
> Then for a few seconds what looks like a small ram dump appears on the
> screen and a message:
> Starting Anaconda Version 16.25

I saw something like this.
In any case the 'systemd failed to fully start up daemon: no such file
or directory' part.

I ignored this and went ahead with the installation.
Install went without problems and I saw no bad effects afterwards
so I did not investigate further as to the cause (actually I forgot to).

Alexander