Can't start portgresql after F15 -> F16 upgrade

Digimer linux at alteeve.com
Thu Nov 17 18:42:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

  After upgrading from Fedora 15 to Fedora 16, something broke with
postgresql.

  First, I can't tab-complete 'systemctl status postgres.service', but
that's relatively minor.

  The real concern is that I can't start the service at all;

lework:tools# systemctl start postgresql.service
Job failed. See system logs and 'systemctl status' for details.

lework:tools# systemctl status postgresql.service
postgresql.service - PostgreSQL database server
	  Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; disabled)
	  Active: failed since Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:36:54 -0500; 3s ago
	 Process: 4757 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pg_ctl start -D ${PGDATA} -s -o -p
${PGPORT} -w -t 300 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
	  CGroup: name=systemd:/system/postgresql.service

  I tried uninstalling reinstalling all of the postgresql RPMs, but got
the same results.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:              digimer at alteeve.com
Freenode handle:     digimer
Papers and Projects: http://alteeve.com
"omg my singularity battery is dead again.
stupid hawking radiation." - epitron