Swap space not enabled at boot in F16

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 19:20:50 UTC 2011

For some reason my swap device is not being enabled (swapon) at boot.
It seems that the new systemd swap.target is not doing its thing as I
would expect.

After booting, I can manually run "systemctl start swap.target" and it
works, with my device then showing up in /proc/swaps.

My swap device is a LUKS-encrypted LVM logical volume, and I don't see
anything wrong with any of its setup or configuration. Nor has
anything changed that I know of since F15.

Since swap.target is a built-in special systemd unit, is there
anything I need to do to make it work at boot?
--
Deron Meranda
http://deron.meranda.us/