System hang under F16

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 00:18:44 UTC 2011

>> today, twice, the system has hung completely as I opened a
>> new window. The new window was different on the two occasions;

I have no idea if it is related, but twice with F16 I've had Gnome
completely lock up. The mouse pointer would move, but otherwise the
screen was completely unresponsive, not even any of the keyboard hot
keys would work (Alt-F*, ctrl-alt-del, etc).

However the OS was still running, and I could ssh in from another
machine. After killing the gnome session processes everything would be
okay, no reboot needed.

When it locked it up I was usually "playing" pretty hard with the
gnome interface, opening and closing windows quickly, etc.  I do use
emacs, but none of my lockups involved interaction with any emacs
windows.

Using gnome-shell-3.2.1-2.fc16.x86_64

--
Deron Meranda