SELINUX is kicking my butt!

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Nov 21 00:00:39 UTC 2011

On 11/20/2011 05:33 PM, John Aldrich wrote:
> I just installed a new boot drive and installed F16. Since I
> absolutely HATE SELINUX, I've gone into the config file and set
> selinux to "disabled." Now when I attempt to boot, I get an error that
> it can't find the policy file and it hangs the system and won't let it
> go any further. How do I fix this???? Do I just copy the policy file
> from another location or what???

1) Don't disable SELinux. That's silly. Go look at
http://people.redhat.com/tcameron and read the "SELinux for Mere
Mortals" presentation. Ask questions here.

2) If SELinux is really disabled, your boot problem almost certainly
isn't SELinux related.

3) How did you disable SELinux? By that I mean, exactly what file did
you edit and how did you edit it? Did you use perl or sed or the like
against /etc/sysconfig/selinux? Or did you directly edit
/etc/selinux/config?

Thomas