SELINUX is kicking my butt!

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 10:25:00 UTC 2011

Quoting Fedora User <fedoradch at gmail.com>:

> You changed the wrong line. I suspect that you changed SELINUXTYPE
> rather than the line about 4 lines above it that is just SELINUX.

Tried that too. Didn't work.

One thing I probably should have mentioned that MIGHT make a
difference is that when I was reinstalling, I did not set up the old
"home" partition, rather I just went in after the fact and edited
/etc/fstab to point to the old "home" partition for "/home" and
changed permissions.
I'm getting ready to scrap that install and start over with a fresh
install, getting rid of all my old PATA drives at the same time.
Hopefully this time when I specify that I want that partition as my
"/home" directory, it will adjust permissions accordingly and I can
safely disable SELINUX.

I will post back with the results once I get done re-reinstalling. :D