Printer problem Samsung CLX-3170

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 08:36:30 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
> Fedora 16
> Printer has been working fine in Fedora 14, 15.
> F16 doesn't like it.
> I'am not getting any Selinux errors.
>

> Printer state:
> Idle - /usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertosamsungsplc failed

I can't tell from the messages output you posted if your machine is
x86_64 or not but I had a very very similar issue with a Samsung
scx4500w when I installed f16.

It turned out that the copy of the file "rastertosamsungspl" was a 32
bit version and I had installed a 64 bit system - worth checking ?

Also I notice that the name of your file is "rastertosamsungsplc"
whereas it should be "rastertosamsungspl" i.e. you have an additional
letter "c" at the end of the filename - if your file is really ending
in a "c" then check whether you have the correct 32 or 64 bit file -
if not then make sure that where you defined the file in the printer
setup is correct - if not then redefine it with the correct filename.
--
mike c