mount command absurdly verbose?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Nov 22 15:26:55 UTC 2011

Am 22.11.2011 16:21, schrieb Ed Greshko:
> On 11/22/2011 08:53 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Does anyone agree with me that the mount command
>> (when used simply to get information)
>> has become absurdly verbose?
>>
>> I only use this command to determine
>> what hard disks are mounted.
>> Now I have to wade through large tracts of information
>> that make no sense to me, to find the few lines about hard disks.
>>
>> Is there any way of getting the information one used to get,
>> short of saying something like "mount | grep sd"?
>
> How about using "mount -t ext3,ext4   or whatever combination of
> filesystem types you want to query?

what about fixing the problems which did not exist before F15
all other things are crappy workarounds and CORE-UTILS like
df and mount have to work as expected without magic params

there are scripts and software which relies on them like "updatedb"
which ignored bind-mounts before F15 and now can not see them