Anyone Else Having Problems with Firefox??

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 23 02:07:18 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 12:42 AM, Fedora User wrote:
> firefox-8.0-3
>
> I am seeing some spectacularly sluggish performance and temporary
> freezes. I hate the idea of moving all my stuff to opera but I am very
> close.

nice to see you state which firefox v/r.

now, next question, is it virgin, or have you screwed it with a add-ons?

if yes, which i imagine you have, click "Help" from menu bar and select
"restart in safe mode". or something to that wording.

when firefox restarts, do you still have problem?

if not, then it is an add-on causing problem and reason devs now have
the selection so that you can troubleshoot.

procedure, restart firefox again - run 'half life' test.

open "Tools > Add-ons > Plugins" disable *all*. normally problems will
not be with plugins, but get them out of way.

next, select "Extensions" tab, disable first half of list. restart firefox.

still problems. open add-ons window again, delete half of remaining.
restart firefox.

repeat until you find problem add-on.

if first time you restarted after disabling problem is gone, run half life
on disabled until problem reappears.

also, here are some links you can read;

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting+Plugins
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting%20extensions%20and%20themes
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Basic%20Troubleshooting
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Troubleshooting+Extensions
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox%20hangs

hth.
--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**