Anyone Else Having Problems with Firefox??

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 02:44:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 02:07:18 +0000
g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> On 11/23/2011 12:42 AM, Fedora User wrote:
> > firefox-8.0-3
> >
> > I am seeing some spectacularly sluggish performance and temporary
> > freezes. I hate the idea of moving all my stuff to opera but I am
> > very close.
>
> nice to see you state which firefox v/r.

Shouldn't be sarcastic. The RPM is listed on the first line of
the original post (firefox-8.03). And, no, this is not virgin. However,
I should have specified that Firefox is causing cpu spikes, sometimes to
100%. Furthermore, the following site opens instantly in Opera while it
takes about five minutes in Firefox: http://www.nysif.com . I find that
very odd.

I recently upgraded from F15 to F16. I am having other problems that
others are not reporting. I might do a clean install.