F16: GDM user list, only show GDM logins

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 23 15:29:59 UTC 2011

On 23-11-11 14:03, Rich Boyce wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm rolling out F16 in a enterprise (well, academic) environment, and I
> need to get the GDM user list to only show users that have logged in via
>    GDM. At the moment it also shows users that have logged in via SSH.
>
> I know that the new GDM uses systemd-logind to list its known users, but
> I haven't been able to find out how to configure either GDM or
> systemd-logind to list just GDM users (or just users assigned to a
> 'seat', as SSH users apparently are not).
>
> Is there a configuration option for this? I'm not keen to move to kdm.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for you. I tried something similar
(disable listing any user) but the dconf/gconf voodoo (disable_user_list
= true) simply does not seem to work. So I would not rule out that there
might be a bug somewhere.

If you find a solution I would appreciate it if you could post it to the
list.

Regards,
Patrick