Fedora - time to blink

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:50:51 UTC 2011

Mikkel L. Ellertson <mellertson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 11/23/2011 03:57 AM, JB wrote:
> >
> > The purpose of a distro project is to deliver a product (not to maintain
> > a test system OS), with implied quality, and for a user.
> >
> > It is time to blink.
> >
> > JB
> >

> And here I though different distributions were targeted to different
> users, and not all the same. I did not know that Fedora was even
> considered a product. I thought it was a test bed for new ideas and
> software.

It is more serious than just "a test bed" :-)

http://fedoraproject.org/en/features/
"What is Fedora, exactly?

Fedora is a Linux-based operating system, a suite of software that makes your
computer run. You can use the Fedora operating system to replace or to run
alongside of other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows™ or Mac OS X™."

Are M$ Windows or Mac OS X test beds too ?

JB