Can't install nvidia drivers on Laptop

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 23 19:42:21 UTC 2011

You refer to kmod's and akmod version drivers. Have you tried building
your own from the bin file?

Add rdblacklist=nouveau to the kernel line in your grub conf file

Change 'inittab' to boot to multi-user (what was level 3);

  rm -vf /etc/systemd/system/default.target
  ln -s /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target
/etc/systemd/system/default.target

(that is all one line)

Download the NVIDIA.....bin file and chmod it to 755

Reboot, login, cd to where the NVIDIA file is and launch it.
It will compile the driver against your running kernel.

G.