rhythembox problems

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 23 21:28:00 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 16:15 +0100, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 04:04 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I assume people are not having the problems with rhythembox. In neither
> > F15 nor F16 does rhythembox play Audio CDs. On both systems it can't
> > find the CD. That is not completely true. If I click on devices, the
> > tracks are shown bit the program does nothing if I click on play. Are
> > others having the same problem? If not how can I make it work?
>
> Did a quick check. I have a one day old F16 x86_64 install with latest
> updates. Started Rhythmbox, inserted a cd, got the notification where I
> clicked "Open with Rhythmbox" and in Rhythmbox clicked on play. The cd
> played fine. I have no idea why it does not work for you.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

Well mine is a newly installed F16 so I would expect to have a similar
experience. However, I would expect you would have set up rhythmbox as
your default CD player in the system settings ap.

Anyway the fact that this program does not work constantly in F16 and
F15 leads me to suspect it is a hardware problem.

Thanks, anyway for the response.
The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of
civilization. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net