Can't install nvidia drivers on Laptop

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 01:18:28 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 03:47 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 23.11.2011 23:38, schrieb Lawrence Graves:

>>> I quickly searched the thread and I didn't see what version of Fedora
>>> he's using. This makes a difference. You used to only need
>>> rdblacklist... but in F15 you also needed to set nomodeset or
>>> something like that since nouveau added modesetting and now in F16 I
>>> think rdblacklist is depreciated but supposedly still works, I'm not
>>> sure when that will change (3.2 kernel?)
>>>
>>> Richard
>> I did all that was instructed and yet it would not install. Repeatedly, I have given the error message received
>> after trying to install nvidia drivers.  I will do it again. This is it:
>> {300.637097} iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled for tid 0 because load = 1
>> {499.666989} iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled for tid 0 because load = 0
>> {693.107330} iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled for tid 0 because load = 2
> this has nothing to do with graphics-drivers
> iwl = intel wireless = wlan

That's what I've been saying all the time. I did know it was not the
nvidia drivers. If I am not mistaken, this is a firmware problem with my
wifi card. That being said, where is the fix for this problem. What
direction do I go to find the fix or alert  the intel people  of the issue.
--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.