systemd-analyze blame and missing swap?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:41:28 UTC 2011

I just had a disk go bad on me, and after unplugging it
and restoring the backup to another mostly empty disk,
boots were taking forever.

So, since systemd-analyze blame had just showed up
in another thread, I thought I would try it and see
what it showed, but the longest time it has is
2294ms for network.service, and the pause I was
seeing was more like 40 seconds than 3 seconds.

I finally looked at boot.log and saw the error message
that scrolled past too fast about the swap partition
which I had forgotten was on that dead disk.

So why doesn't systemd-analyze blame show the
giant timeout for attempting to start swap?

Is there some other analyze parameter that does that?