OT: gather hardware information over network

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 24 15:56:43 UTC 2011

On 24 November 2011 19:14, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
<--SNIP-->

> Although you have found a solution, for the sake of completeness I think
> there isn't much of a configuration. Just installing the server and
> configuring[1] should be enough. Then from the clients you can do
> `smoltSendProfile -s <server_url>`.
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [1] I didn't look how difficult this is. Probably assigning some ports,
>    adjusting the firewall and starting the server is sufficient.
>
> --
> Suvayu

Maybe you're right. However I didn't mention in initial letter that
some of clients are windows-based. There's only two or three of them
but we need to take them into consideration also. Hence we need
cross-platform solution and smolt only runs on HAL-based systems.
Anyway, thank you very much, Suvayu.

--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.