Printer problem Samsung CLX-3170

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:33:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 5:09 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is hard to proceed just on the basis of the lines in the log....
> if you can't remember the steps you took then you could remove the
> printer definition - and copy the two files into your system as I
> described in a previous posting. Once you have done that then do "ls
> -lZ rastertosamsungsplc" after cd to its directory - and the same for
> the ppd file so I can compare to my own. Then redefine the printer in
> the system and tell me how you did so - step by step....
>
> I will try to see if you then did anything differently to me.

There is now a splix driver (open source) package in updates-testing -
see https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-16292/splix-2.0.1-0.3.20111121svn.fc16?_csrf_token=d374ee0b9d5a536f031f5b22a84d64c8dc89cae1

I have just installed it and set my printer to use it - and it works
nicely for me - it is just possible that it may work for your printer
too..... worth a shot.
--
mike c