Display resolution problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 17:47:57 UTC 2011

I just did a fresh install of Fedora 16 on my system which has an integrated
Geforce video card ( GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a/PCI/SSE2) and I *know* my
monitor (flat panel 19" Dell LCD) is capable of 1280x1024, but I can't seem to
get it to go to that resolution. I know it works, because A) I do it on my
Dell Optiplex in Windows and B) I did it before in Fedora 15. Suddenly
1280x1024 is not an option. How do I fix this? I've installed the nVidia
drivers and rebooted, but I still can't get 1280x1024.

Can someone please help me? Thanks!