can Thunderbird be configured to pick Fedora system mail?

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Fri Nov 25 02:25:54 UTC 2011

On 11/23/2011 10:14 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Claude Jones
> <cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com>  wrote:
>> >  Subject says it all. I have messages coming to my user logon but I can't
>> >  figure out a way to get Thunderbird to retrieve them. I could do it with
>> >  KMail, but that's broken for me at the moment.
> Go to Edit>  Account Settings, then in the lower left corner select
> Account Actions>  Add Other Account , and finally in the dialog that
> appears select "Unix Mailspool (Movemail)".

Hey, thanks T.C. - one thing that I couldn't figure out - even though I
told it to use the inbox in Local Folders, it still set up it's own
highest level account and its own InBox - is there something I missed? I
really don't want one of those upper level accounts with its string of
boxes if I can avoid it - rather just receive the local mail in my Local
Folders InBox and use a filter to send it to its own single folder

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA