penta-booting hard-disk: who would administer the hard-disk office?

Linux Tyro fedora.bkn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:31:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> What is the purpose for doing all of this?  Is it just to play with each
> distro?  That is, not really work?  If that is the case, then maybe
> you'd be better off using one distro and then having VM's for the others.

Well the purpose is to know the things, it would however,be done on the holiday.

> I'm a bit surprised you're loading up OpenSuse.  You seemed to have just
> left the OpenSuse mailing list after having getting into a dust-up over
> the purpose of the mailing list.  Your last message on OpenSuse was
> "Goodbye OpenSuse".  Do you still plan to use it and just have given up
> on the OpenSuse community?

I am using mainly Fedora, openSUSE would be a second installation, it
is just trials. Goodbye 'openSUSE' doesn't mean that one cannot
reinstall it but yes, it is not the main installation, which is Fedora
and it is the one which could occupy the hard-disk in majority.....

I am playing with all these on holidays since I heard some one saying,
'The more you do practice with your hands, the better you know abt the
stuff'.

Said that, I don't know which distributions' /boot/grub/menu.lst would
actually govern? Since editing one would have essentially changes in
the other too? I don't know but I am guessing to not go with LVM right
now, but only in the Extended partition.....(I hope, a better
strategy....).

Sharing /home would, I guess not a problem, since I would be giving
different user names in each distributions.

--
THX