Fedora - time to blink

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Fri Nov 25 07:40:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 22:25 +0000, JB wrote:
> Now, let me comment on this once again.
> RH and RH-controlled Fedora constitute
>[...]
>it is time to blink and reconstitute RH-controlled Fedora project
>for the new goal.

Allow me to correct this misconception right now: Red Hat does not
control Fedora. Red Hat _sponsors_ the Fedora Project (with funding,
technical infrastructure, etc.); but the _control_ of the project as a
whole ultimately lies with the community of its developers and
supporters.

Moreso than the distribution it produces, Fedora is a Community.

> Fedora is a test system distro, by everybody's admission; this is also
> amplified by misguided handling of the *default* choice of DE, which is that
> RH-influenced disaster called GNOME 3.

Fedora is not a test system as you so claim. Sure, Red Hat bases its
Enterprise Linux product on Fedora releases every so often; but Fedora
is more than just a test for RHEL - it is a high-quality distribution in
its own right.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42) <peter at thecodergeek.com>
Who am I? :: http://thecodergeek.com/about-me