Occasional panel freeze under Fedora-16

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Nov 25 15:26:19 UTC 2011

I wonder if anyone else has suffered from this?
I'm running Fedora-16/KDE on my laptop.
Occasionally - two or three times a day -
I cannot get any response from my panel,
eg clicking on the f-icon has no effect.

If I am currently on a desktop, this isn't affected;
I can list directories, edit a file, etc.
I've used "top" to see what is going on,
but I didn't see anything unusual there.

The situation rights itself after about 30 seconds.

I'm not sure if the problem is related to firefox.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net