Quasi-freezes in F16

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Nov 25 18:58:09 UTC 2011

	At odd intervals (measured in quarter-hours, I think), F16 with
either Gnome or xfce will act up as follows.

	The cursor remains visible, and moves according to the mouse; and
the eyes in panels follow it. But clicking, anywhere, right or left, does
nothing. Sometimes, if the focus is at the prompt on a terminal, that
will take input. Sometimes Ctrl-Alt-Bksp will bring a fresh login screen;
sometimes not. Sometimes Ctrl-Alt-Del will reboot; sometimes not, and
only the reset button (if any) has an effect.

	Incidentally, the machine I still have F16 on gets an error
message on boot saying it has to use backup mode, or whatever it's
called, and can't do full Gnome 3.

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User