penta-booting hard-disk: who would administer the hard-disk office?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat Nov 26 00:50:31 UTC 2011

On 11/26/2011 08:43 AM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:32:45 +0800
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Really, the only major functionality that you'll lose is the direct
>> interaction between the O/S and the display hardware.
> And any other external hardware. USB passthrough might work for
> a thumb drive, but I wouldn't try plugging in a USB all-in-one
> device and expecting it to passthrough (at least not with KVM,
> I've heard the proprietary version of virtualbox is better
> with USB passthrough).

The only external hardware I use are USB thumb drive, USB hard disk, a
Canon camera, and a Garmin GPS.  All have worked just fine on Virtual
Box VM's.  But, yes, I'm sure there are going to be issues.  But, since
the OP is "playing" to learn about the various distros IMO these are
minor annoyances.

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow