Fc15 writing an iso on a dvd with k3b - Unable to mount DVD-R

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Nov 26 03:32:19 UTC 2011

Everyone,

I have a FC15 system that I am trying to create an iso image of Fc16
using k3b. I can not get k3b to recognize a blank DVD-R disk.  I can
mount and read other CD and DVD media without a problem, but I am unable
to get FC15 to recognize an unformatted DVD.

Are there other software packages besides k3b that allow creating disks
from iso images?

I am not sure if this is an fc15 problem or k3b, I am suspicious that
this is an FC15 problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any solutions?

Greg Ennis

Additional testing has demonstrated that my f15 system will not
recognize a blank DVD-R disc, but will recognize a blank CD-R disc.  I
have also used brasero, acetone, without success.

lshw lists the following :
          *-cdrom
                product: CDRWDVD CRX850E
                vendor: SONY
                physical id: 0.1.0
                bus info: scsi at 0:0.1.0
                logical name: /dev/cdrom
                logical name: /dev/cdrw
                logical name: /dev/dvd
                logical name: /dev/scd0
                logical name: /dev/sr0
                version: 5DK2
                capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd
                configuration: ansiversion=5 status=nodisc

Sure would appreciate your help.

Greg