Fedora - time to blink

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:50:27 UTC 2011

On 11/26/2011 09:34 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> This is why Debian, Fedora and others apparently decided to go with the fork since they could not agree with Mr. Schilling.  It is sad but true :(
> But then again, I don't think very much of the people who fork the code as well, since they went that route and not care about quality of code.

You have zero basis for such assumptions and even if that is the case,
licensing conflicts will always triumph code quality consideration since
if a code cannot be included, there is no point in talking about how
stable or buggy it is.  It is Fedora's legal position that cdrkit has a
licensing issue.   It is the same position held by all other major
distributions as well.

> Like new coke vs original, which one is the one that you prefer?

Licensing issues are not a matter of taste

Rahul