Fedora - time to blink

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 19:07:38 UTC 2011

> > Abrasive personality or not though, he is correct
> > that the forked tools are so bug ridden as to be
> > useless. They can write CDs - that's it. Any attempt
> > to write DVDs produces an infinite supply of
> > coasters, yet they continue to claim the tools
> > work on DVDs and blu-rays.
>
> Maybe because they do work for people?
For some people?  But not all people :(  or at least more than half of the people.
> I am using it to write DVD's
> and it has worked just fine for me.  I am sure there
> might be bugs but
> that simply justify your claims.  Don't make
> absolutist statements
> unless you can back them up.
>
> --
IT is great that it works for you, but sadly it does not for more people and thus the complaints against it :(

Do the bug reports count?
The countless threads in which people have requested that many things be looked at?

Quietly people have abstained from writing bug reports and complaints because nothing is done!  Things will not change :(

I have figured things out when I have to burn cds/dvds when I don't have original cdrtools installed on my machines.

For cds, I use cdrdao and for dvds I use growisofs from command line.  They can do the job and be happy.  Both work for the job.  But to depend on wodim for it can depend on many things and it is sadly not as robust and dependable as the original.

My $0.02
Regards,

Antonio