Fedora - time to blink

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 19:08:34 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 12:27 AM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> I've always had the suspicion that the real reason
>> redhat won't distribute the original tools is the
>> incredibly abrasive personality of the author
>> (on display in this bugzilla and his web site :-).
>>
> Here we go again! :)  Red Hat won't distribute the original, Fedora is NOT Red Hat, but Red Hat does control Fedora ***blink*** and thus is what we get.
>
> It also makes me think which EGO is bigger(his or Red Hat)?  :)

One person makes a incorrect statement and another piles up on it and no
good can come out of that.  The problem is a legal one.   Red Hat has
the legal liability over code that Fedora distributes and we rely on
lawyers from Red Hat and FSF to verify that we can distribute code under
the free and open source licenses.   It has nothing to do with ego of anyone

Rahul