Fedora - time to blink

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 19:15:27 UTC 2011

> You have zero basis for such assumptions and even if that
> is the case,
> licensing conflicts will always triumph code quality
> consideration since
> if a code cannot be included, there is no point in talking
> about how
> stable or buggy it is.

> It is Fedora's legal position
> that cdrkit has a
> licensing issue.

It has a licensing issue?  I thought it was included because the original was the one that had the issue?  or did you make a mistake here?

> It is the same position
> held by all other major
> distributions as well.
>
> --

Slackware is a major distribution.  It includes original cdrtools :)

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html

Slackware

Slackware ships the original cdrtools and does not even ship the broken fork.

I also use it and it comes with the original, there's a slackbuild from Patrick V..  So others like source based distros also have it.  Nobody has sued them.

I have built packages for slax-remix & porteus using the slackbuild  without problems.

Regards,

Antonio