Fedora - time to blink

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 19:55:43 UTC 2011

> > I also use it and it comes with the original, there's
> a slackbuild from Patrick V..  So others like source
> based distros also have it.  Nobody has sued
> them.
>
> One more thing.  Source base distributions don't have
> the same legal
> liabilities as binary distributions for various licensing
> conflicts
> because they pass on compilation to the end users and
> besides none of
> them are funded by large commercial organizations and hence
> the risk is
> not the same.   The last point applies to
> slackware as well.
>
> --

They distribute binaries as well or are included when one installs them.  One does not need to compile them like we do on Fedora if we so desire.

My argument was based on the fact that you stated

<quote>
It is the same position held by all other major distributions as well.
</quote>

and Slackware is a major distribution and it does not share the same position.

http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=major

Regards,

Antonio