Fedora - time to blink

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 26 21:58:10 UTC 2011

> > Some folks saw this coming!  Turns out that now
> other desktops are following suit to TabletLand,
> > even windows 8 :(  The traditional desktop is
> apparently dying :(
>
> and this is simply dumb
>
> the count of smartphones/tablets may become higher
> but his is only a number which does not matter
>
> why?
>
> because most of the smartphone/tablet users are using
> a traditional computer too
>
> because a tblaet NEVER can replace those thounsands of
> workstations
> out there where the users MUCH more doing than read mails
> and look
> at some websites
>
> some developers are thinking "it's new, it's cool, the
> others do not bother me"
> well, they can do so
>
> but this will nothing change in the fact that POWER-USERS
> will always use
> a classical desktop, that most computers in professional
> environments will
> always need keyboads and a classical desktop
>

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

I hear you :)  I am with you, but sadly the desktop creators/maintainers/coders are going with it :(
I even saw a guy on TV stating that there was no need for keyboards or mice anymore

I can't seem to find a video that illustrates this, but this is a similar idea/technology:

http://newtechpost.com/2011/03/16/thad-starner-wearable-computing-for-smarter-living

In Windows 8 Preview, the desktop changes like for a tablet and one has to go to the registry to enable the old desktop see:

http://blog.miktex.org/post/2011/09/MiKTeX-on-Windows-8.aspx

All these changing in the ***blink*** of a eye!

Regards,

Antonio