Suddenly cups does not run on boot

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 22:46:40 UTC 2011

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:27:03 -0600
Aaron Konstam wrote:

> it is: systemctl restart cups .service that I have to run to get cups to
> work.
>
> Where is the init file for cups.service?

I haven't had problems with cups, but I've certainly had problems
with other services that use the network not functioning
at boot. I gave up trying to find the real problem and just
created the executable script /etc/rc.d/rc.local and put
stuff like this in it:

/bin/bash -c 'sleep 5 ; service stunnel restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &
/bin/bash -c 'sleep 7 ; service postfix restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &

That way, the services that don't work at boot get restarted
a little while after the system is booted, and by backgrounding
the commands, the boot process doesn't hang running rc.local.